So how do you get the most out of #TCOT?
- Setup a Twitter account. I would recommend you setup on just for #TCOT because of step 3.
- Go to the #TCOT hub website (http://www.topconservativesontwitter.org/) and look over the general announcements.
- Request to be added to the #TCOT (http://www.topconservativesontwitter.org/index.php/get-added)
- Invite everyone you see on there to become your friend. Currently it about 1,500 people which is why I said you may need a special Twitter account just for this.
- Now follow the conversations going on by following them at either http://hashtags.org/tag/tcot or http://tweetchat.com/room/tcot
- Post conservative topic or questions on Twitter with the hash tag #TCOT at the begining or the end of the conversation.
- Start a blog. You can use a service like http://twitterfeed.com/ to post the title and link to your Twitter account. Make sure that include the hashtag #TCOT somewhere in the title.
Rules the road:
- Be civil.
- Be conservative and the values we portray.
- Take flamewars to @private or d direct messages.
- Don't post everything to #tcot. We don't need to know what Aunt Mable did at the family's Christmas party. That something should posted with #AuntMable
- Hash tags are not case sensitive. Rule of thumb, is lowercase is better. UPPERCASE IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING.
- If you use http://tweetchat.com/room/tcot, remember you're not seeing what someone is saying unless you're following them.
BTW: If you want to follow me on Twitter, you can find me at http://twitter.com/tekrat