Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday afternoons lead to some of the stangest things

We had some stuff happening at our house that would have let us go to one service but they got moved up and we missed church.  So I puttered around the house and then ran so errands.  While I was out I made the mistake of dropping by Lowes.  While I spent $2.17 on some 1/2" PVC pipe and fittings.

So what did I with it when I got home: I turned it into a blowgun.  I've been catching a lot of videos YouTube about how to build one and I saw the Mythbuster's special about a ninja dart gun.  The video's I saw took needles and nails and turned them into darts.  Since I like a small trailer and I don't want the neighbors thinking I'm total freak I came up with a non-lethal alternative: q-tips.  You get quite a pop out of the cotton darts when they hit a door and wall with out trying.  

After I convinced my lovely bride that I wasn't going to kill any of the pets, I made some chicken and cheese cascades to help sooth the evening.  Also, somewhere in there we watched Mister MaGorium's Wonder Emporium.  The movie is pretty good.  Not Christian per say but it did give a decent message on dealing with death and continuing life.

No comments: